Contact for any purchase inquiries
display at the website.
Alejandra Burguette is an apparel, accessory and costume designer, artist, and coloratura soprano based in New York City and New Jersey.
Burguette focuses on organic design accessories and Couture art pieces. Our designs are nature-inspired with a surrealistic edge. The brand focuses on promoting a positive emotion in each piece that transports you into a fairytale land where the power of love and magic lives in each design piece handmade in New York.
- Recent Accomplishment: Dressed Sophia The Robot for Hanson Robotics. 2020-2021. Sophia is the first humanoid citizen in the world.
- Dressed Renee Fleming, New Years Eve Concert, United in Song wearing one of my couture evening coats, December 31, 2020.
- Rising Star Finalist in the category of Fashion Accessories at The Fashion Group International, NEW YORK. 2020.
- Winning Designer Gold Award in the Avant-Garde Woman’s Category at the International Design Awards. 2019
- Costume Designer for Psûkhe, American Dance Theater Alvin Ailey in Tour all across United States and Europe. 2019.
-American Express Film Commercial featuring her work by award winning director Norry Niven. 2017.
-The New York Textile month exhibition in collaboration with the Cooper Hewitt Museum curated by Li Edelkoort. 2017
-Exhibition at Les Arts Decoratifs, Salon Des Boiseries, Paris. 2014.
-Bachelor of Fine Arts, Fashion Design, Parsons School of Design, New York / 2012 – 2016
-Arts of Fashion Foundation Summer Intensive Master Class in the Louvre Paris – Textile Intensive (Visited Haute Couture houses: Atelier Lognon, Maison Lemarié and Lesage) / Summer 2014
-AAS Fashion Design Program , / 2011 – 2013
Skills & Knowledge:
-Developing Concepts, Collages & Mood Boards
-Experimental Textile manipulations and exploration
-Hand Embroidery Beading/Sequence and exploration of new Textile Treatments & Prints.
-Strong ability in 3D Draping & Garment Construction.
-Create Original Artwork for Textile Prints and canvases.
- Renee Fleming, New Years Eve Concert, United in Song wearing one of my couture evening coats, December 31, 2020.
-Kimbra “Primal Heart” European Tour 2019, Dress shown at Lucerna Music Bar, PRAGUE, Czech Republic
LAV – Lisboa ao Vivo, Portugal.
-Imogen Heap, composer for Harry Potter and the cursed child on Broadway for her Celia World tour
concert shown at The Town Hall New York. 2019
-Designed the gown Debbie Harry (Blondie) wore on the cover of Downtown Magazine. 2019
-Rebecca Moses Artist wore a custom made design curated by fashion stylist creative director Freddie Leiba shown at the CFDA Gala Awards. 2019
- Buika styled by Freddie Leiba Photograhy by Ruven Afanador
- Melba Wilson Chef from Melba’s restaurantworn custom design for Uggs Campaign.
-CULTURE, El Horizonte Newspaper Interview of dressing Sophia The Robot., 2020.
-COVER,The Best of Fashion, Food and Culture, Ambassador Magazine, 2020 featuring Top Chef Melba Wilson.
- COVER, El San Pedro,Newspaper, story about designer. June 2020.
- MILENIO, Newspaper. Interview of PPE mask collection and donations raised given to families in need.
-Huf Magazine“Mystical Encounters” Campaign Story Editorial. 2020.
-WWD Rising Star Finalist Announcement/ Accessory Category. 2020.
-VOGUE Italia, “Belladona of Sadness” by Guillaume Roemaet, 2019.
-Big Apple Circus for Downtown Magazine, Fall, 2019
- Lady Gunn Magazine, Imogen Heap, The Music Industry Fairygodmother, 2019
- Alvin Ailey Press page cover featuring one of a kind costume work.
-AfroPunk Magazine Nina Simone story styled by Freddie Leiba featuring a gown. 2019
-Signature Magazine, France by Laurent Elie Badessi for the Cannes Film Festival event, Paris. 2018.
-“Alejandra The Great” feature VGXW Virtuogenix by photographer Laurent Elie Badessi, 2017.
- LAMPOON Italian luxury Magazine “AristoFunk” by celebrity photographer Hunter & Gatti, 2017.
- V Magazine by Christos Karantzolas curated by Inez and Vinoodh, 2017.
- Flanelle Magazine "Genderless Edition”, 2017.
-Not Just A Label Platform title awarded "Black Sheep" Designer.
- Beauty British Journal "Silver Lining" by Vera Belyavskaya, 2017.
-The New York Textile Month, Talking Textiles, Issue #1 curated by trend forecaster Li Edelkoort.
-Schön Magazine, Extraordinary by Lena Shkoda, 2016.
-As If Magazine by Tatiana Shown" The graduate student", 2016
-Dark Beauty Magazine, "Parallel Visions" by James Lee Wall, October, 2017.
-Feature Designs at WWD (Womans Wear Daily), The Cut, Fashionista.com from the Parsons benefit gala show, 2016.
- Red Carpet Magazine interview and biography. 2017 & 2019.
Online TV/ Video Interviews:
- Episodes with C, Claire Group, Show International Platform, hosted by Lifestyle journalist and entrepreneur Claire Daaa, October 2020.
- TV Azteca, Info 7 Interview of my design and art career with recent accomplishments, September, 2020.
-Stay Home Girls Sisters Episodesby Rebecca Moses Interview.
-Televisa Interviewby Gaby Tanguma, producer representing Monterrey, Mexico, April 2020
- Televisa News Interviewof my work in collaboration with Caritas, Mty, a Foundation to help people and families.